Friday, April 11, 2008

Finally.. Friday!!!

I have officially made it thru the week. Now to get thru the weekend. Haha. I haven't cheated this week on my food. With Carb diet.. there really isn't a reason to cheat when you know you can have whatever you want at dinner. Kind of helps with my insane desire to eat cookies for breakfast.

Breakfast was 2 eggs and a cup of coffee every morning. Sometimes I made an omelet, depended on how much time I had with the kids. For lunch all week I had salad, with different types of cut up meat. Sometimes little strips of thin steak or chicken. Or tuna. With that I had Diet soda. Sometimes I needed a snack, so I would eat a small piece of cheese or bite of meat. haha. So far its working for me. My cravings seem to have diminished, which usually takes about 3 to 5 days for that to happen.

Last night I watched the Biggest Loser. I had recorded it from Tuesday night. I tell you every week I am incredibly inspired... just that I forget how inspired I am the next day haha. However, it is so exciting to see people succeed in becoming healthy.. and strong. Gives me HOPE! :)

I hope everyone is doing well on your diets and exercising. Don't cheat :)

4 comments:

Marlina said...

Great job! I like to eat the way you described also, it's pretty healthy, but filling. Those cravings are what gets me. Oh, and snacking at night with my husband.
:)
I've done okay today, I haven't had dinner yet, but am planning on a salad at Applebee's. (half-portion!)
I LOVE the Biggest Loser, although I haven't watched it for some time. It's so inspiring. I always think if I just had a month away, to only take care of myself, that would give me a HUGE weight loss boost and get me on my way!! But, I'd miss my family too much, so I can't do it!! :)
Keep up the good work, you are doing great!!

Koryn said...

Congrats on your first week! I joined Weight Watchers a year ago. Now I am just doing their online program since getting to meetings are so hard for me. They have great suggestions and I have found some great web sites through their forums. Eating out is my downfall. Dietfacts.com is great! They list almost every restaurant and nutritional values for all of them. I can't run and can barely walk due to a foot injury so I am going to try a recumbant bike I bought from my neighbor. I'm getting it tomorrow. You just had a baby so be sure and give yourslef some "me" time every day and remember you are going to be a better mommy at the end of this journey. It is a journey! Not a race, so be patient with yourself. Good luck!

Tara said...

Marlina, I know what you mean about the Biggest Loser. I have thought about it.. but no way.. I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 4 month old. I just couldn't do it. I'd be too stressed thinking about them :)

Tara said...

Koryn, thanks for your comments.. I appreciate your encouragement. How has weight watchers worked for you? I am sorry about your foot injury that is sooo hard. I have a stationary bike too.. I think I enjoy the treadmill better.. haha. Thanks for reminding me to take it easy.. I am real hard on myself.. still haven't lost the weight from my first child haha. It WILL come off this time :) Please visit my blog again. I'd love to know how you are doing as well.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: