Saturday, April 26, 2008

Too many blessings ...to be crabby :)


This week was my 30th Birthday. Let me tell you ... of all the Birthdays so far..this one I was wishing to AVOID. There is just something about "30". I don't know...maybe its the fact that the "20's" are over... Anyway, having just had my second child, and struggling with weight... I looked in the mirror this week.. not really liking what was starring back at me. I thought to myself "My word, I look like the frumpy old housewife I tried not to be"... but you know.. as the week went on.. my mood improved some and I started thinking. I have so many blessings in my life.. a husband who I love very much (makes me mad sometimes when he watches ESPN lol), two kids who I adore, a comfortable home, and life... so much sadness and awful things are going on right now in our world.. the news is littered.. with these horrific headlines.. I can't help but be grateful, be truly thankful for the blessings, big and small, that God has given me..


Thanks to "A Dusty Frame" (http://adustyframe.com/2008/04/26/works-of-god-weekend-37/) for reminding us all to stop and count our blessings.. something I need to do more of...

10 comments:

Tania said...

That is the best picture. You really should frame it!! I love it!

Tara said...

Oh thanks.. I took it this morning and already have it framed in an 8x10 haha.

TransitionGirl said...

wonderful pic of the family. :) To answer your ques about my Compassion child, have not visited her yet. But i plan to in the next few years. :) And i related to your struggle with weight lost. i'm battling it myself. lately been "forced" to lose weight by the Lord. Chronic Gastritis is a great catalyst for eating proper and healthier foods.

Chel said...

If it makes you feel any better, I love my 30s soooo much better than my 20s. You're going to find so many fabulous reasons to see blessings all around you.

And yes, your photo is phenominal.

A Dusty Frame said...

Very nice photo:)

30's not so bad;) I'm looking at the other end of the decade and that is freaking ME out;)!

Thanks for participating.
Lizzie

Tara said...

haha thanks I appreciate the encouragement :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, the 30's are so busy when your raising kids, before you know it you will be 40. Take each day and breathe and try not to let them slip away.

Tara said...

Thanks for the reminder.. I will do my best :)

The Thrifty Blogger said...

Happy birthday! :)

I'm 47, and now, age does not matter at all! lol Really! It's just a number. In fact, a couple years ago, I forgot how old I was, and I was telling people that I was 2 years older than I really was. Age is really unimportant, it's more how you act. Act young, and you will be forever young. :)

Tara said...

Thrifty Blogger. You are right! There is nothing I can do to stop the "years" so why not enjoy them :) Major milestone for me turning "30" I'm an adult lol :)

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: