Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Does "free" Money Work For You?

Click on the check who knows it might be yours...

Pardon me, as I “weigh in” on the topic of “Tax Stimulus” checks… I have recently read a few posts on this subject. From what I am gathering, the feelings most have in receiving these “tax stimulus” checks.. are NEGATIVE. So this has got me thinking…. Do we ever understand what the government is doing regardless of who is in office? Are they ever completely forthright, honest with us?? I mean come on.. look at the day in time we live in… Our world is corrupt and sorry but it’s not getting any better… The “tax stimulus” checks are no different than anything else. Of course we aren’t being told the “whole story” we never are.. Is it too difficult to look at “this” as a blessing? I mean from what I read.. people who are so upset, angry, opposed to the government giving us this “rebate” seem to still have quite a Plan to spend it… which doesn’t make too much sense to me. Personally, my opinion is this… the check is coming… it’s going to creep into your mailbox or your bank account.. and sadly.. you can’t stop it.. lol sooooooooooooooo my advice is do what you WANT with it. Don’t complain about the very check you plan on spending.

So how does this “Work for Me”… well..spending my check with a good attitude..definitely works (much better) for me lol (as far as the NEW "What Doesn't Work For Me" in this case a bad attitude about receiving a blessing)

For more tips got to Works for me Wednesday at
>(http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/it_works_for_me/index.html)






2 comments:

Posh Mama said...

I didn't play Doesn't WFMW, but I read your post and I have to agree with you, I see the stimulus check as a blessing. 99% of ours is going towards reducing debt! And what a blessing that will be! Anything that gets us that much closer to our goal to being debt free is a GOOD thing!

Tara said...

Thanks.. Posh.. thats right.. its not too complicated.. is it? to be thankful? :)

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: