Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Locked In or Locked OUT!!!




How many of you have a Toddler...raise your hand???? lol Well, there was this door...which involved a little hand..and a lock.. well you get the picture. haha My son, who is 3 1/2, is quite well, sneaky... Often times, he will race me to a room and lock himself in before I get there.. and I usually stand there for about 30 secs.. giving out "threats" lol thru the door.. Things like "Open the door right now, or no more 'Max & Ruby' (Cartoons)" And slowly I'll hear him unlocking the handle, and the door knob starts to turn..and wal lah I grab the door handle and whip the door open lol But a couple of days ago, he decides to lock our bedroom and pull the door closed behind him. At the moment, I was holding my 5 month old baby girl and was in midstride to put her down for a nap, when I caught out of the corner of my eye his NAUGHTY, SNEAKY little deed. He comes running over.. "Mom, I locked your door" just like that. Like this was perfectly normal!!! So, I'll skip the part where I felt my blood pump like a mac truck was racing thru my veins, and a panic in my heart thinking what in the world am I going to do.. I will be honest all I kept thinking about was how they did it on the movies.. You know, take a running start and knock the door down.. thankfully I reconsidered lol. Longgggggggggggggggggggggggggg, story short is..I had to find my husband's TOOLS and take the door handle off (while my son stood by snickering)and replaced it with a new one (my husband keeps spare things like brand new door handles for some reason lol)that had a KEY!!!!



So the moral of this story is... Don't have door handles with locks that you can't OPEN from the otherside!




A Key Lock Door Handle Works for ME!!!


For More Tips go to Works for me Wednesday.

6 comments:

Tania said...

lol great idea. I have been there. Except my husband and I were both locked in the room while my brother and his wife were on the other side trying to get us out. Had to unscrew the handle too.

Lorraine said...

make sure to hang a key right next to the door, way up at the top of the door. That way the next time the little guy locks you out, no fumbling around for keys on a ring that may or may not be in room! *S*

Laane said...

We had one who made a habit of locking himself in. Especially at the bathroom.

So we made in-and outside the same lock system as inside a toilet.
We could turn the room open from outside.
Worked perfect!!

Want to see what works for me?
See here:

Laane on the World

Enjoy your day.

Tara said...

What a comfort to know that I don't have the only Naughty toddler lol I did put the key way up at the top of the door on the ledge. If I lose the key then I'm going to "lose It" lol

Anonymous said...

A rolled up towel thrown over the top of the door prevents it from being shut.

Tara said...

Yes, I know a towel works, however, I like to keep my bedroom door completely closed at times...its too much of a pain to have to take the towel off and on the top of the door. Now I won't have to worry--- have a key :)

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: