Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Stretch" those muscles...



Along with having my exercise room set up and stocked with a Treadmill, Stationary bike, and Eliptical machine, I needed to do some strength training.. I have recently noticed on tv lately that a few different trainers are recommending the Stretch Bands as a MUST HAVE. I purchased one a couple of weeks ago..and I really feel a difference.. Now.. I didn't lose any weight this week GRRRRRRRRRRRR but as far as the strengthening goes, I can tell that this is really doing the job, and I did lose 8.5 inches since last week... It is recommended to use the band for 15 to 20 minutes at a time.. I found mine at Target. I like the Reebok band with the handles, allows you to incorporate the leg muscles as well.I enjoy this opposed to lifting the HUGE Weights lol


For more great tips go to Mrs Fussypants

3 comments:

Motherhood for Dummies said...

oh I don't do much weight lifting... but I do, do pilates... I love it and sweat it is great for toning :)

Lisa said...

Hey Tara, you visited my site about the Walmart bags. I carry them in with me in my shopping cart. Then when I am checking out, I give them to the checker, he then rolls his eyes, and he puts my stuff in them. I usually help him or her also. I think they are still not used to people using them, so it seems like a hassel to them. But really, it isn't. Glad you visited. I had not been to your site before. I admire what you are doing. I actually weigh the same weight that you are currently at your weigh in. Maybe God brought me here for a reason, hummmm. Thanks for the inspiration. You go girl!!

Shannon said...

We used these in yoga and pilates at the Y, they are great for a work-out. I bought the three pound weights for home use, they are just the right size for toning and not muscle building. Sounds like you are doing a great job, don't judge your progress by the scale. Go by how you are feeling.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: