Friday, May 16, 2008

The "Weeds" in My Life...


Yesterday I decided to head out to the back "Yard" (we live in Nevada..we don't have yards we have ROCKS) to do some weeding. These weeds sprout out so fast in between rock and sure makes an ugly mess. It seems in one week a weed will sprout up one or two feet.

As I was bent over with the Nevada sun beating on my back, and the chatter of my little boy close by trying to hold the big trash bag open, I started thinking.. about the weeds... (bare with me lol) not too long ago I was watching something with my son I am not sure if it was Veggie Tales or what.. but it was a little story about weeds.. and they compared them to gossip, rumors, and slander... It seemed that with each weed I was tugging at the Lord was bringing this story to mind in a very real way. The funny thing was after about an hour working at it.. I thought I must be close to being done.. when I took a quick survey of the yard I realized with some dismay, there were tons of weeds I had missed.. What a analogy... Gossip is ugly...once the "seed" of doubt.. or gossip is "planted" it is often impossible to stop the rumors from "growing". They are dangerous and damaging. I for one make excuses for what "stories" I tell or listen too.. God is definitely working on my heart. Be careful what you say..and what you listen too.. Its too easy to justify our curiosity.

Funny how the Lord teaches us things.. He can even use an Ugly ole' useless Weed...

  • Proverbs 11:13

    A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret.

  • Proverbs 16:28

    A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends.

  • Proverbs 18:8

    The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts.

  • Proverbs 20:19

    A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a man who talks too much.



For More Works of God visit Works of God Weekend

5 comments:

Lynn from organicmania.com said...

This is incredible...I woke up feeling uncomfortable because I ate too much of the home baked bread my DH made last night...thinking aobut losing weight and wondering if anyone was blogging about it...and here you are!

Sarah said...

I used to practice on my youngest brother. I guess he was young enough that it didn't matter too much if it wasn't quite perfect.

Maybe you could try just trimming it a little...then if it seems unwearable, go to the barber then and let them fix it up.

I guess maybe families with 8 children are a little more common than I thought!

Keep up the good work on losing that weight! :-)

Jen said...

Thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog. I often wander if its really being read!!

When I told my dad we were going to be missionaries to Australia's Outback, I wasn't sure of his reaction. He told me he would rather me be in the middle of the outback in God's will, than living next door out of God's will! I would rather be in God's will than anywhere else, even if that means broken down on the side of the road on my anniversary!

Shannon said...

Wish I would have read this yesterday, lol. I said something to my brother-in-law that I had to call and apologize for this morning. It was eating away at me all night.

A Dusty Frame said...

Thank you for sharing this and for participating!

**I haven't heard Snowy River music for ages!

Lizzie

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: