Saturday, May 24, 2008

When "Storms" of life bring us to our knees...


A couple days ago, I posted about my brother being in the most recent Tornado in Colorado. I really thank the Lord for sparing my brother's life, and the life of so many we know. My brother told us that the Tornado was evidently 1 1/2 blocks away from his home. One and a half blocks! What a miracle.. Looking at the footage of the storm, really shows God's might and power. But it reminds me that HE is a just and loving God, and wants all of our trust and love.

Even when things are bleak and scary, we need to keep our eyes on the Lord. I have heard this statement many times - Why do bad things happen to good people- I think there are many reason, but one is that God has a purpose and a much bigger picture than we can ever imagine or see. Sometimes it can be starting out as simple as getting our attention, driving us to our knees in prayer.. igniting our faith in Him. In an odd way I am thankful for this Tornado...caused me to pull out my bible, and pray... I am so thankful to Him that my brother is fine...

To read the latest on the Colorado Tornado click here


For more Works of God Weekend click on "A Dusty Frame". (I really encourage all of you who have had a blessing or just a bad week, and God has used it to teach you something, link a post to A Dusty Frame. It really is super encouraging to read what God is doing in your life.)

1 comment:

Kerri said...

We live in Oklahoma - tornado alley. It can be very scary. Where we live, they seem to skirt us all the time. I always think, how long can we get by with this?

We have found it is a good time to pray with the kids and at least use it as a "teachable moment." I hope that does not sound flippant, but tornados come really quickly, and listening to the news is a necessary evil at those times. But the intensity is scary for kids!

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: