Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Are you really bored? or is it just your 'imagination'?

Since my children are 3 1/2 years old and 6 months.. I don't just deal with the "Mommy, I am bored" in the summer.. I deal with it 365 days of the year!!!! Every single day, I am trying to come up with new activities for my VERY active son. He loves to be involved in anything that makes him feel like a big boy. lol

It is so interesting to me how times have changed. When I was young, the phrase "I'm Bored" was basically band from our home. I grew up with 7 brothers and sisters, and my parents felt there was not a reason in the world why we couldn't find something to do. I think we actually had imaginations then..do those even exist anymore???

Today, I printed out 30 different named objects in our home, cut them out, attached tape, and allowed him to put them on the proper things. He was sooo excited! He would run to me and say "Mom, what does C-O-U-C-H say?" lol Now tomorrow there is no way I could repeat this activity, because in his little mind we already did it and now its boring!!!!!

So from, play dough, to water balloons, to baking, to painting (which we also did today and he decided to swipe the GREEN filled paint brush onto the carpet grrr), to playing his Leap Frog learning game, to trying to figure out how to play monopoly, teaching him to help me clean, and help his little mind grow with knowledge, teach him to love the Lord, and hopefully bring back imagination..so after all that - well I am PLUM out of ideas lol

I am terribly anxious to read every one's ideas at Works for Me Wednesday to add to my measly list! lol

2 comments:

robin@heartofwisdom.com said...

Great post!
On loosing weight....you can do it.
Think of something in your life that was really really hard and you did it. Let that encourage you.
I will pray for you to succeed

Good luck.

robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

Rebekah said...

I love your music-themanfromsnowyriver. Those are really good movies.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: