Friday, June 6, 2008

Better than a Garage Sale...








I have said many times how my husband and I are the WORST pair to attempt garage sale shopping lol. Mainly because we are both so embarrassed. We usually try to
drive by kind of slow to do the "drive by" where you lean towards the garage sale to see if its interesting..then if not you can speed off lol

Well, yesterday we were getting ready to leave for a evening of some shopping..and I happen to noticed my neighbor (whom had moved out about 3 weeks ago) had this huge pile of stuff on the drive way. With signs that said "FREE"!!!!!!!!

Let me tell you what treasures we found. A large off white Dresser with matching side table, a nice easel, banquet table, frame, 2 other shelves, big flower pot, chess set, plastic drawers, 3 lawn chairs.... We were a little embarrassed.. to bring all this stuff over to our house but it did say FREE hahahahah :)

Talk about FRUGAL lol






Click here for more Frugal Friday tips!

4 comments:

Shari Ellen said...

I can't believe all that good stuff was free. Congratulations. You hit the jackpot.

Christine said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my guest post at Fussy's...I appreciated it a TON!

I'm planning on starting back up my photo series on my blog. If you're interested, I am using reader's photos as examples of how we can improve our photos (if you followed the link on my post at Fussy's, you can see how I did it with one of her photos). You'll get some linky love and a reworked photo, too!

Shannon said...

That stuff looks AMAZING!!!! Slap some paint on that armoire and it will be good as new. Wow, what a find.

Anonymous said...

Wow, great finds! :)

Melinda

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: