Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Is it just me or are food prices getting HIGHER??



I have to say, that with the gas prices on the rise, and the food prices slowly creeping up...I have begun to think about being more prepared for my family. So today, my husband and I (& kids lol) went to Costco, for a STOCKPILE trip lol I bought 50lbs of Flour, 25 lbs of Rice, 25 lbs of White Sugar, 25lbs of Brown Sugar, and a huge jug of Vinegar, Plus other things that were not really considered stock-up items lol. I thought at first my husband would think I was nuts.. haha but thankfully he was on board!! So my next project is to get some big containers and properly store all this STUFF! Have you noticed prices going up in the grocery stores? A few things I have noticed in the last 2 weeks...

Eggs - Up a dollar
Cheese - Up a dollar plus
Crisco Butter Shortening (My favorite) - I usually paid 3 dollars its up to 4.97 a can.

Those are just a few things... Are you getting your family prepared??? Next thing I need to do is stock up on water... and medicines ect.. You know its rather funny in a strange way..because if you would of told me a year ago that I would be doing this kind of thing.. I would of told you were NUTS! lol Oh brother, I just remembered that I neglected to buy Powdered Milk.. one thing I heard was a must have stockpile item (lol).

Anyhow.. this works for me now..and hopefully will work for me.. later down the road.. that's hoping I can properly seal all the containers lol

Click here for more Works for me Wednesday Tips!

3 comments:

April said...

My normal package of Velveeta cheese had jumped up a dollar in price. My older are not too happy about the price jumps either. It means less extras so I can stockpile what I can.

Sonshine said...

I have noticed the rising costs of things too!

I do alot of the staple stockpiling. :) I am not as "ready" as I would like to be but I am getting there...one thing is getting hubby totally on board with the idea! :)

For my containers, I use 5 quart ice cream pails. Also it might not hurt to go back to Costco and ask at their bakery if you can have their empty frosting pails! :) Also yesterday, Tammy over at Tammy's Recipes talked about using buckets for long term storage...she has several good tips! :)

Briggie said...

sadly it's a domino affect, and because it costs more to deliver the goods, the cost of the goods have to go up - it will even affect the cost for delivery services like online purchases, postage, the repairman, lawn service, etc - if it uses gasoline or oil in any shape or form they're going to funnel down the cost to us. stocking up is good, but you really have to have good storage containers. if you don't have the room to store and stock pile, consider doing a co-op with friends where you split the cost of the goods, so if you buy 50 lbs of rice, you get 25 lbs and the buddy gets 25 pounds and if you drove to the store this time, your buddy drives the next time!

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: