Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Magic Flower Seeds!




Recently my Mother In Law sent a package for my kids of clothes and toys. One of the neat things she added to the box was this little green house planting kit for kids. It looks like it might of come from Target but I am not sure. It comes with 6 mini plastic pots, 6 round disks of dirt, and two bags of seeds. You insert the round disk in each pot, add a little water then let the dirt expand for about 5 minutes. Then comes the seeds. You just dig a tiny hole and add several seeds cover it back up water a tiny bit then put the green house cover on. My son and I worked on this project this last Sunday and I am telling you the next day there were already sprouts. Now its Wednesday, going on 4 days since planting and look how big these little flower plants are!!! I swear they are magic seeds hahah.

The reason this works for me...is because my almost 4 year old is VERY impatient.. and he has been waiting for the plants he and I had planted 3 weeks ago or so to sprout...and just now are we finally seeing a tiny little green "thing" pop up...but planting with this green house has brought nearly instant results!! He is so thrilled. He keeps saying "look at what I did" haha.


Click here for more Works for me Wednesday tips!

4 comments:

robin@heartofwisdom.com said...

This is very nice. I love immediate gradification.
Thanks for sharing.
robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

Tammy said...

I'm sure that is great fun for your kids to watch. We have 3 patio tomato plants this year and my daughter cannot wait for the first tomato to ripen!!

Tania said...

So cute!! I can't believe how fast they grew!! As Ben would say, like Jack's beanstalk. (-:

Amanda T said...

I love it! What an excellent gift. They look like the wild flowers that we planted. Is that what they are? If so, they should grow very tall which I bet will make your son very happy!

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: