Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dennis the Menace - Soap Box Thursday!


I think my almost 4 year old (in just a few days) boy's middle name is Dennis the Menace! Let me just list the things he has done lately.

  • Flooded the Kitchen Last Week with our Drinking water dispenser and added Green sugar sprinkles to turn the water GREEN (also the carpet). Took me HOURS to clean up
  • Next Day he flooded one of the bathrooms upstairs with my drinking Cup in the sink. Told me he was "cleaning" the bathroom.
  • This Week.. He threw pasta all over the dining area.
  • Last night he knocked my 54 ounce water jug off our high landing. Dumped all over the Stairs.
  • Today he Filled a Rubber maid container up with ice and water and dumped it in the living room telling me that he did that so that his "papa" could put a fish on the ice. hmmm.
  • Put an entire role of toilet paper in the toilet. grrrrr.
  • Then the final straw today was him ripping open the bottom of our HUGE stuffed Rottweiler dog allowing the bits to go everywhere!!!! I mean everywhere.

Why Why Why!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

I am sure you are thinking.. "Well why aren't you watching him?" lol Well I am.. all these things happen in a split second. I am telling you I turn around for one second.. and their is a HUGE MESS! He seems to always have a logical answer for when I question him.

I truly hope this is a PHASE! Maybe it ends when he turns four.. so that would mean I have until Sunday? lol It certainly has been my challenge of late.

What is your Soap Box Story today? Do you have "Dennis the Menace" children? lol

Feel free to comment with your Soap Box Post or link up to Mr Linky below! (Please keep it clean and in good taste)


4 comments:

beth said...

Ha...okay...I am trying not to laugh because I know this is frustrating to you. BUT...it is kind of funny just because he seems to have logical reasoning behind it all. I laughed out loud about the mess in the bathroom when he said he was "cleaning". I’m sure this is just a stage. Maybe he will get better about “getting into to stuff”…but without a mess. I will pray for a few days off from messes…you need a break!

Gina said...

Great post, I have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old who are "Dennis the Menace" children as well....

I wanted to stop by to say thanks for sending along the T&P's. Things are moving, Rodney has a few interviews (2nd interviews) I just hope they turn out well and move us in the right direction.
Thanks again for the continued T&P's.

beth said...

I tagged you! Check out my blog for the rules :)

Tania said...

sorry I tagged you too. Check out my blog for the rules. But don't really.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: