Friday, September 12, 2008

Aloha Friday "Elections"



An Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday! I thought it would be fun to participate! She asked the question:



Do you Focus More on the Past, Present, or Future?

My Answer is:

Probably More Present, but a little of all three. Being a Mother, most days I am just trying to make it until my husband comes home lol. When I have time to think, I think of the future and then glance to the Past. The Future is so unknown and unsettled these days with the world I find myself often dwelling more on now..and perhaps as far as next week.



My Question is:

In this election, there has been so much talk of people going from Republican to Democrat or Democrat to Republican. Switching their party based on the candidates. For this election, are you willing to cross party lines if you have to, in order to do the right thing for your country? (Don't worry I am not asking who you are voting for lol just curious at how people see the election vrs. Right and Wrong)


My Answer:

I will Vote for what is right most definitely, that is always first and foremost no matter which side of the aisle the candidates sit. However, in this coming election I won't have to cross party lines lol

11 comments:

Amy-Happy Momma said...

The "name" of the political party matters little to me. What matters is what the individuals running truly stand for and what legacy I wish to leave for my grandchildren. I am greatly bothered when I hear people say that they are voting for their "party".

TheAngelForever said...

I have absolutely no problem crossing party lines if I need to. With that said, it is a mute point this election year. There is a clear choice based on my beliefs and the other side is WAY too far from them.

Have a great weekend.

Dee said...

i couldn't see myself crossing party lines unless by some miracle the other side got it right on the issues LOL

Jen E said...

I'm largely independent - despite preferential leaning, I vote for the candidate I like best. Period.

~TAMY 3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

In a heart beat. Largely, I don't believe in the parties and will vote based on the stance of the issues.

JenniBeanV said...

I don't have a party...so I never have to worry about switching! I just get to vote for who I think is best for the job!

Tena said...

I lean more to one side when it comes to a party, but I don't let it get in the way on who I vote for, better man gets my vote, regardless of their party

Tania said...

I also lean more to one side as far as a party, but when I vote it is not about the party so much as the individual. I can't imagine ever switching--not out of loyalty to the party, but because I have yet to see a candidate in the other party stand for what I do. Does that make sense? (-:

Heart of Rachel said...

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question. I just hope that you will have a peaceful and honest election in your country.

diana said...

i actually don't consider myself either republican or democrat. i find there are things i agree and disagree with for both parties. so i've always voted for the person who i think should be in the whitehouse.

Cant Hardly Wait said...

This election, I won't be crossing party lines. However, I will in the future if there is a Republican that I like more than the democratic candidate. It's all about the candidate, not the party.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: