Friday, September 26, 2008

Sounding off on an Anonymous Comment!

Normally I do NOT allow any comments that are mean or unkind to be left on my blog. Because really there is no point to give people like that a voice. However, after receiving this one this morning you can understand why maybe I have something to say:

"Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Homemade Chimichangas!":

Maybe recipes like this is why you are needing to lose weight? Just a thought."




First of all, I have issue with someone who feels the need to say something like this, that remains anonymous. I feel that is rather cowardly. However, just because I post one recipe up of Homemade Chimichangas you would assume that is why I have all this weight to lose.. goodness. I could of gained weight on eating bananas all day. The point is anything in excess can be detrimental. I do have a husband and kids that are not on the diet that I am on. I don't see what is unhealthy about Chimichangas if you bake them. They can either be baked or fried. lol Besides, if you would go to my Apple at the top of my page and click that.. it will take you to an explanation of the "diet" I am currently on and why I am allowed to eat Normal food. I have gained weight slowly over the last years because of being addicted carbs which in turn caused me to eat too much. As you will see, since April I have lost 44 lbs. So evidently I am doing something right.. Chimichanga recipe or not. lol
Webfetti.com
I was thinking does this "Anonymous" Person really think they shed a light on my weight gain? lol I told my husband.. and he thought that was really awful and pathetic of some one to say that.

Listen, I do not think I am right about everything at all. And I do want anyone who wants to be able to share their opinions as long as it is done kindly. This comment was uncalled for and unnecessary. Things like that only tear down people not help. I wasn't mad actually when I read the comment, it made me a little sad and sick to my stomach. I am really trying so hard to lose weight.. If I post a recipe for triple chocolate cake with 10 candy bars melted on top...don't assume that I ate the whole thing. Goodness, lol

Words are very powerful.. and cannot be taken back.

Am I over reacting? ( lol maybe I don't want to know)

11 comments:

Tania said...

That was mean and I am glad you gave them a good response. You covered everything so there is nothing else for me to say, but Here! Here! and I love your little guy in the fridge. (-:

Jenni Jiggety said...

You're not over reacting at all. People are sucky sometimes. :-/

Tara said...

Thanks.. lol That does make me feel better :)

Marc said...

That is such a naive comment. I'm so glad that you have exposed some people's inconsiderate thoughts. I think you are doing a wonderful thing here. And I can personally attest to the fact that you are losing weight. You looked so great the last time I saw you and you have lost even more since then! Keep it up. -TaraG

Denise said...

Now I guess we have to go to court to prove we're telling the truth on our own blogs!!

The Farmer Files said...

I was so pained when I read this post. I agree; anonymous negative posts are cowardly.

I have recently lost weight, and weigh the least I have in seven years. Please don't lose heart or be discouraged because you are BRAVE enough to share with the entire blogosphere your story.

Much aloha and many rich blessings from Hawaii!

Bridgette said...

Ugh...I had an ugly anon comment on my blog, too. I don't know why some people make themselves feel better by cutting others down. I'm sorry someone did that to you.

The Woman said...

omg and they didnt have the guts to put their name either huh, what a wuss and a mean one at that

Monica said...

Some people....seriously! They need to be slapped...in Christian love of course :P

You are insanely brave to post all this! I am so impressed and inspired by you. This is a hard topic all around and to get sucker punched on your own blog is making me so infuriated for you.

Keep it up and good for you for not letting that go!

To you who made the stupid comment......grow up or go away!

beth said...

Yes, I agree...I do not even listen to people who are too cowardly to show their faces. You are doing great...duh! How dumb that someone who say such a thing. What do they consider successful weight loss? 44 pounds since April is amazing!

Tara said...

Hey I really appreciate everyone's comments.. Nothing like a "mean" comment to throw off your day lol Thanks for the kindness it means a great deal!

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: