Friday, October 3, 2008

Debates


Who watched the VP Debate last night???? I think it was definitely built up... to only leave us waiting for the hat to fall. I heard earlier this week on the news, that the Democratic Campaign was building Sarah Palin up, using the words "Greatest debater of all times". Evidently this strategy was to put her so far up with expectation that we would all surely be disappointed in watching the debates.

I can't say that I was disappointed, per say, however, I do wish there was more of a fight. Sarah Palin did an excellent job and Joe Biden did well. But there was so much back and forth of "No that's not true" or "He did or he didn't vote for this or that" that my head was spinning. How can everyone have the FACTS and everyone be wrong??

Even though Sarah Palin, obviously does not have the experience to be VP, I do believe I would much rather lean towards a candidate who is honest, moral, forthright, with good character, and courage. Sarah Palin to me embodies those characteristics. She is not perfect... SURPRISE!! But I think her honesty, or courage to do the RIGHT thing when it may not be so popular is a great deal more reassuring then someone who follows the jangling sound of "change" in the corporate pockets and lobbyist.

Just my thoughts!!! :)

3 comments:

Jenni Jiggety said...

I thought it was a great debate for both of the candidates and I was glad Sarah got the chance to redeem herself!

Jen said...

My head was spinning,too with all of the back and forth! I agree! Thanks for visiting my blog-God's Shining Stars! Also, take a peek at Creative and Curious Kids! if you haven't done so already. Have a great Saturday! Lots of luck with your weight loss endeavor!!

Blessings,
Jen
http://godsshiningstars.blogspot.com
http://raisingcreativeandcuriouskids.blogspot.com

Scott and Beth said...

I watched it...I was somewhat disappointed in Palin...more so at the beginning. She did start to fight back and defend herself later into it. However, I didn't think Biden did very well for himself...he could have beat her with his 35 years of experience, but he didn't.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: