Friday, October 31, 2008

Financially Free Friday

About a week or so ago, I wrote a post about this fabulous Target deal I found on clearance for 14.99 down from 59.99. It was going to be the best deal of the century or so I thought. Take a good look at this fabulous Ice Cream Machine....

Well, I need to tell you a secret...

It's not so fabulous... lol After about 4 or 5 times now trying to successfully make a wonderful batch of ice cream.. I am about to take the machine and stuff it down the garbage disposal!!!!!! First of all, the directions say to keep the main part in the freezer no less then 24 hours before use, ok I did that and even longer.. Second, it goes on to say in 20 minutes or so you will have soft served ice cream or slushy drink. hmmm How about 1 hour or more. And the Noise.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh it drives my family crazy. I am sad to say that I jumped the Frugal Bandwagon on this one.. it is definitely not all its cracked up to be.. and I do believe this lovely machine has lost its counter privilege. Off to the closet it will go!

Lesson learned.. Not everything on clearance is a Frugal buy! lol

You can also see other Frugal tips here.


Feel free to link up any Financially or Frugal tips you might have below with Mr Linky!

3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Awww, live and learn. Can you at least use it to puree fruit, LOL?
I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer and I love the ice cream attachment for it--but lately, cream is so danged expensive I've only used it once this year!

Amy said...

We've all gotten those "duds" while trying to be frugal. Hey, maybe you can just remind your family that they could be hand-cranking it for hours instead, and they'll feel more appreciative of your noisy machine. :)

My Frugal Friday post is about cheap haircuts.

Nise' said...

Sorry that did not work out so well! But great news! You are the winner of my Basket of Indulgence giveaway. An email is on its way to you.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: