Friday, February 6, 2009

Footprint Friday!



Welcome to Footprint Friday! I have decided to host a series every Friday. Our Guest Blogger, Jim from Trails West, will be our contributing author for Footprint Friday. I hope you enjoy his take on 'the family' and what it means in our day and age.

The Power of God

In Genesis chapter 1 we read a number of times the phrase, “and God said.” It is hard for us to understand the sheer power of His words. When He spoke during creation week things that were not came into immediate existence. In recent days as we stood and once again looked over the south rim of the Grand Canyon I could not help but think of Romans 1:20 when Paul wrote, “for the invisible things of Him for the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead.” The sheer magnitude of the canyon is clear evidence of a world wide flood and as we stood there a beautiful rainbow appeared. All, in testimony to the power of God’s words and His promises. The power of God’s words can also be understood by those who know Him. In John 14:27 Jesus said “Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” This was not said to the canyons or the mountains. Jesus spoke these words so that those who know Him would fight comfort in the midst of the storm, peace in the midst of the trial and hope where it seems to not exist. Take time today to let His words speak to you and you will experience the comfort and blessings of His power. ~ Written by Jim from Trails West

No comments:

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: