Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just been thinking...


I have been thinking alot lately.. about "alot" of different things.. (vague eh? lol). I'll pose this question... What do you do.. when people or circumstances in your life.. bring you down? When you think one thing is "fixed" you turn around and find it truly never was.. You try and restore and people don't wish to.. It really is hard... It's hard when its your co-workers, friends, and even harder yet, family. What do you do when you feel completely misunderstood..? When you feel like banging your head against the wall.. because facts don't seem to matter? What do you do when people aren't interested in the source.. aren't interested in the truth? What do you do when people go off of stories.. and don't bother checking the facts?


In most cases... unfortunately there is not much you can do.. If a person chooses to believe their assumptions or their perceptions over what is real and true.. not much you can do. But what do you do in the mean time.. For me.. I have found the only thing that comforts me, calms me.. gives me peace.. is reading the Bible and praying. Psalms is where I have been reading.. I will tell you God has a way of using His word to calm me.. To remind me of forgiveness.. To remind me that He is ultimately in control.


You know my father told me not too long ago.. "You are responsible for your testimony, but let God take care of your reputation" Meaning that I am responsible for me.. what comes out of my mouth, for what actions I take.. but I cannot control what people choose to say or believe or even make up about me.


I think we can all admit a time or two when provoked we react.. When provoked we can feel the blood boiling in our veins.. When misunderstood.. you feel like pulling your hair out. But in the end.. we have to remember that God sees all and knows all. He knows the beginning from the end.. When people talk about you behind your back.. they think they are getting away with the stories they create, but they aren't.. God hears it all.


One of my most favorite Psalms is Psalms 27... I specially love the 14th verse. "Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!"


So when you feel your blood boiling lol or you feel life unfair.. don't react.. don't let your feelings take over reasoning.. let God bring calmness to your heart... Let Him turn your hurt, anger, frustration into forgiveness, understanding and joy.. That is my prayer..


2 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Tara, you have no idea how much I needed this today. Thank you, friend!

Tara said...

Funny how life affects us all in such similiar ways..

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: