Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday! Cupcakes!



I love having company over.. I love cooking meals for friends and family. However, I want to be prepared.. I want my home scrubbed clean, my menu planned, and my candles burning. This week we have had the honor of having my brother in law visit us. We had a wonderful visit.. This was the first time my daughter was able to meet her Uncle. In planning my meal, I always struggle with what is best for appetizers, first course, main course, dessert!!! Ahhh.. it gives me a headache sometimes lol





All this to say, that making cupcakes for dessert sure makes the process a whole lot easier lol I just now realized this.. lol I was contemplating on baking a cake for our guest.. but then between trying to clean the house..and watching the kids.. I was trying to figure out how I would have the time to decorate the cake nicely and make sure the layers were even.. So I settled on cupcakes.. I know you are thinking ... that this is the dumbest tip ever!!! LOL But seriously lol if you are like me..and really stress over meal planning when having guests stick to something easy and yummy.. Cupcakes!!! (this was for my brother in laws bday too)



For more tips.. much more creative and brilliant than mine---Please Click HERE lol

12 comments:

Colleen said...

I love your blog! It's so pretty! I need to lose weight too... ugh. It's so hard! But I wish you lots of luck.

Upstatemomof3 said...

Hey I like cupcakes - they are never a bad thing. Well, except for trying to lose weight but they taste good so oh well. :)

KittsKrafts said...

I think cup cakes was a great idea. So much less cleaning up too. They look really great. I love how you made the topping look so fluffy and appetizing. =^..^=

Shoebee said...

The best part of cupcakes, one equals one serving. No need to have to get the knife out, and plates, and forks....just give one out to each person, and voila, everyone gets the same sized piece of cake...no fighting with who gets the flowers on the cake.

ExtraordinaryMommy said...

I think cupcakes are a great idea! How in the world did you front them like that? I love it.

Mom2fur said...

I can make it even easier for you, LOL! Did you know they freeze beautifully? (Without icing, of course.) Every time I make them, I put half in the freezer in a plastic box (so they don't smoosh). Then, on a later date when I want to make a quick dessert, I just take them out, let them thaw, and ice them. They thaw pretty quickly, too!
And I don't think making cupcakes is a dumb tip at all! Who doesn't love cupcakes?
Oh, yeah, my husband. He'll eat just about any dessert except pie or cupcakes. Go figure.

Tara said...

LOL Mom2fur I have not tried to freeze them but that is a GREAT idea lol It's funny seems like with each year I look for more short cuts lol

Tara said...

Extraordinary Mom .. by front you mean the frosting? I used a great frosting recipe that works every time for me.. makes it full and light.. and I used a ziploc bag and just snipped it at an angle.. My word I think I am getting lazier..can't even get the TIP container out lol

girlsinwhitedresses said...

I agree! Somehow cupcakes stress me out much less than a big cake. I'm planning them for my 3 girls' spring birthdays ;)

Mom2fur said...

Believe me, sweetie, when you get to be my age (53--yeah, I'm ancient) you look for all the 'shortcuts' you can find! It doesn't make you lazy, it makes you efficient! Besides, freezer or not, the cupcakes don't bake themselves in the first place, LOL!

Lynette S said...

Those cupcakes look delicious! I think that was a great idea- easy to serve, too!

Our Family said...

hey, so Tara, I just can't get over how fabulous your cupcake server looks. any chance on telling me where I can find one of those for myself?

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: