Monday, April 6, 2009

Alfred Hitchcocks View on Obesity


When I walk on the treadmill, I must have a distraction!  So normally, I watch movies on my laptop.  Tonight, I found a movie on Netflix called "LifeBoat" by Alfred Hitchcock.  Now I could of sworn I had seen all the Alfred Hitchcock movies...I was wrong!  I am only half way through, and look forward to finishing the movie tomorrow when I walk.  

I saw the funniest thing while watching.  If you are familiar with Hitchcock movies, then you know he has a flair for tucking interesting riddles, facts, and often times portraits of himself if not him actually walking by in the frame.  This particular frame caught my eyes...   Look closely at the picture below...
Notice the middle Ad!  If you aren't able to see it..it reads..

Reduco     The Sensational New
OBESITY SLAYER
(The the Before and After Pictures of Alfred Hitchcock I assume lol)
In Just four months
YOU TOO 
can be 
Slender

Alfred Hitchcock

New York 
Boston

This struck me so funny while I was sweating, panting, and about to fall over on the treadmill! lol  This didn't even fit in with the movie or the scene.  These people are all stranded in a lifeboat after their ship was torpedoed by the Germans.  Right before this scene they are talking about how they are going to survive and who is to do what on the boat.. Then the next frame cuts to this guy reading the paper lol  I didn't think they had OBESITY problems then lol :)  


No comments:

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: