Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Obesity causes global warming, say scientists!!???



Obesity causes global warming, say scientists

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 12:35 PM on 21st April 2009


Being overweight is bad for the environment as well as your health, according to a study released today.

Researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine found that overweight people were likely to be more responsible for carbon emissions than slim people because they consume more food and fuel.

The study blamed an increased demand for livestock production for meat, believed to be responsible for 20 per cent of all greenhouse gases due to the toxic methane emitted by cows.

They added that a higher dependency on cars was also a contributing factor.

(decided I didn't like the picture in the middle of the article LOL)

Global warming: Obese people are likely to need more food and fuel, causing more carbon emissions than slim people


You can Finish the Article Here!


I am surprised they aren't blaming all the pregnant women for having cravings.  All I have to say is.. they always come up with something lol  Next they will say that sneezing causes hurricanes on the other side of the world. lol

1 comment:

Our Family said...

I heard about this. They joked that you could look at anything to blame global warming on...such as the number of pets one has. How ridiculous.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: