Friday, May 29, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream in 8 minutes!

I saw this cute idea on Sisterly Savings Blog.  I tried this with my son yesterday.   Making ice cream was so easy.  If only I would of known earlier lol  This recipe makes enough for one serving. 

 <span class=

Ingredients:

1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon sugar
4 cups crushed ice
4 tablespoons salt
2 quart size Zip-loc bags
1 gallon size Zip-loc freezer bag
a hand towel or gloves to keep fingers from freezing as well!

Directions:

Mix the milk, vanilla and sugar together in one of the quart size bags. Seal tightly, allowing as little air to remain in the bag as possible (too much air left inside may force the bag open during shaking)

 Place this bag inside the other quart size bag, again leaving as little air inside as possible and sealing well. By double-bagging, the risk of salt and ice leaking into the ice cream is minimized.

Put the two bags inside the gallon size bag and fill the bag with ice, then sprinkle salt on top. Again let all the air escape and seal the bag.

Wrap the bag in the towel or put your gloves on, and Shake, Shake, Shake! and massage the bag, making sure the ice surrounds the cream mixture.

Five to eight minutes is adequate time for the mixture to freeze into ice cream.

 

4 comments:

Kris said...

Thanks for the comment...but please stop back by and see my ***Update*** at the bottom. I'm such a goober.

Coupon Magnet said...

Hi! Visiting from SITS! I like your blog - and this recipe sounds so yummy!!!
Christy
www.couponmagnet.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Agh! This sounds so fun! I'll have to try it!

Thanks for coming by my blog yesterday! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Kris said...

Thank you so much. I need friends like y'all!

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: