Friday, May 8, 2009

Turkey Mini-Meatloaf Cooked the Healthy Way

The Recipe Below was on this last weeks Biggest Loser Episode!  I am anxious to try it!  


Tara's Turkey Mini-Meatloaf

Join the Biggest Loser Club now, click here!

Ingredients For Meat Loaf:
1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 stalk of celery, coarsely chopped
2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE® lean ground turkey breast
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 egg whites 

For Topping:
1/4 cup fat free and sugar free ketchup
1 tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (such as Splenda® Brand) 

Cooking Directions 

Preheat oven to 350°F. In the work bowl of a food processor, combine onion, carrots and celery. Pulse until finely chopped. Add chipotle peppers and pulse until just combined. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey with the pepper and vegetable mixture. Add egg whites and oats; gently mix until combined. Place about 1/3 cup of the prepared meatloaf mixture into 9 wells of a standard size muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes. 

Meanwhile, combine all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Remove meat loaves from oven and spoon the topping over each meatloaf. Return meatloaf to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until meatloaf is firm and the internal temperature registers 170°F. Let meatloaf stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 9 mini loaves. 

Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories: 110 
Protein: 16 g 
Carbohydrates: 6 g 
Fat: 1 g 
Cholesterol: 25 mg 
Sodium: 180 mg 
Saturated Fat: 0 
Fiber: Less than 1 gram


This was found at The Biggest Loser site!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Ha!! I am so happy to have stumbled upon your site lol...check mine out...I've just recently started something you may be interested in doing...I'm still coming up with rules but if no one else joins me (I've had 1 other blogger buddy join) then it won't be much of a contest...but at least we would have a 'network' of support. http://yesiknowwhatcausesthat.blogspot.com/2009/05/bloggest-loser.html
and I've got some other stuff up too, but this is my one and only starting blog...so I'm still 'testing the waters'...sorry for the book in ur comments!!

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: