Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Works For Me Wed - Support Our Troops




My Brother in Law has been in the Marines for the past 3 years, and was recently deployed to Afghanistan.  The conditions they are under are less the favorable.  The dust storms are so bad they seem to seep into everything they own.  Right now they have showers, but when they move they will have no access to showers and will have to rely on 'baby wipes'.   

My Brother in Law, Charlie, recently told his wife (my sister) that a letter or a little box every week would really help get him through his time in Afghanistan.  Just to know that people care, and remember him and all those serving with him.

I started a Blog recently, bare with me as it is still in the infant stages, for Charlie and his fellow Marines.  I just wanted to do something...  

So, here is where you come in :)   Whether or not you are able to send a box of goodies, or a letter just to show your support as an American, or most importantly just commit yourself to pray for our troops.  It doesn't matter.. the important thing is to Remember them...  Let them know in some way.    

If you have children, have them draw pictures...or little letters.  Charlie said that really lifts their spirits over there..   We can all do something.  If you have a moment please check out my blog dedicated to Charlie and the other Marines.  Take the Challenge and let's get our Marines, our troops, through 2009 with encouragement, and support!


Grab The Button in Support!
Photobucket


No comments:

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: