Monday, June 15, 2009

Health Care - Impending Doom?

I don't know about you.. but lately I have been increasingly more frustrated each day. What about? Well, I'll give you a hint... pretty much our country. The direction it's going. Many many things concern me... but right now what is at the top of the list is the pending nationalized health care... Not only can we NOT afford this ($1-trillion overhaul) .. but my goodness.. this will change our entire "medical" structure.

For instance, right now if someone needed surgery, you could pretty much get in right away right? Well, with the nationalized health care.. that will not be the case. In some cases, based on other countries reports that participate in the nationalized healthcare, the wait can be up to 9 months or more. Can you imagine? Perhaps then the population will be controlled after all if people aren't able to get to the doctors and their surgeries in time?! (Scary)

I heard recently, that our government says that one way they will help cut cost with the nationalized health care is to cut down the amount of C-Sections. I'm thinking ok... so... someone like myself who has to have a C-Section... what does that mean? Someone up in a little office who doesn't know all the facts.. could say that I should just try and have the baby naturally when in all seriousness it could kill me.

Also, with this New Plan our Doctors will not be paid as much.. which in turn we will lose Doctors. The government right now is trying to convince our Doctors with this new plan. I don't know about you..but I happen to like our doctors right now..and happy to have insurance.

I realize there are many that do not have insurance. (I don't mean to be insensitve to that fact at all) Most states have a state insurance for those cases.

I am just frustrated because putting everyone on a even plain is not necessarily the best solution. Why can't insurance just be made more affordable..? And if you can't afford it..then we have state health care which in most states is free if you fit into a certain income bracket. Do you think it's right that our Tax Dollars pay for Illegals to have insurance? Ugh so many questions...and no real answers!

(This is not meant to offend anyone..I am just venting. That's what our blogs are for right? :) )

2 comments:

Kris said...

Thank you Tara!! You know...really putting myself out there has been such good therapy!! How's your week going (weight loss wise and other...and how are your mom and sister?)

Lins said...

Interesting insights! I have to say that I agree with you in that I question my Tax Dollars going towards health care for people who shouldn't even live here...but that's a whole other topic! :)

Just wanted to let you know that you should swing by my blog when you get a chance. You have a gift waiting for you! ;)

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: