Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thriving Everyday With Music

I remember when I was a little girl how important music was in our family. My mother was always singing for church or different events and often times all 8 of us kids would be roped into singing as well. My parents felt it was so important for us to be busy doing things that would profit our sensibilities. They wanted us to thrive. All of us at one time or another took music classes. I took lessons for flute, piano, and violin. My mother wanted us involved in the children music programs at our schools. As I got older I stayed in choir and continue to tinker with the piano.

Now that I am a Mother of two cutie pies. I feel so much responsibility for their well being. I want to make sure that I pass on the joy of music to my children. Teaching our children music really enhances their ability to think, to problem solve, to read better, to learn math, and of course teaching them that practicing.. no matter how much you want to quit, will pay off in the end.

Family Time is a class that starts with newborns. I love this idea that family is involved with the whole music process. The class that I would be perfect for my daughter would be the Our Time Music class. It is for ages 18 months to 3 years of age. They explore with instruments, vocal play, story time, and rhythm activities. My daughter would do so well in this environment. She loves to dance around and explore everything.

Of course I cannot forget my almost 5 year old, very ACTIVE son. The Young Child Class is for ages 5 to 7 years of age. They teach exploration with musical instruments, as well as singing and vocal development. I really think music class would help my son to really focus, giving him something so positive to build upon.

You can start with playing music for your children at home like the kindermusik songs. My kids love to dance around to silly kids songs. A child music class is one of the best foundations for your children. What is better then to have your children grow up appreciating music in every way!

No comments:

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: