Thursday, July 23, 2009

Aloha Friday - MAD HOUSE!!!


An Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday.
. I thought it would be fun to participate. All you have to do is answer the question I ask by leaving a
comment. Then click over to An Island Life and link up to Aloha Friday with your own question!

My Question:

Do you think Animals should be able to file lawsuits with Humans as their representatives? (Yes I said animals)

A consumer-freedom group says President Obama's nominee for "regulatory czar" is an "animal-rights zealot" who may make life difficult for hunters and meat-eaters.

Senator John Cornyn (R-Texas) has placed a hold on the nomination of legal scholar Cass Sunstein to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Budget and Management. Cornyn is worried that the Harvard professor may push an aggressive animal-rights agenda in the White House. Sunstein has argued in favor of outlawing sport hunting and meat-eating, and written that animals should be allowed to file lawsuits "with human beings as their representatives."



My Answer:


Oh my word.. I don't even know how to answer my own question! lol It is so ridiculous!! God gave US (Humans) animals for a reason. Do I believe you should beat your pets? of course not! Take care of your pets. Did God give us animals to survive? Yes. There is a limit here! lol This man if elected...talks about ridding Americans of the joy of the Zoo, Circus, and who knows what else. Can you imagine.. walking into court with a Cow.. and us being the lawyer? Oh..wait I forgot... This is the Planet of the Apes! "This is a MAD HOUSE A MAD HOUSEEEE!!!!"



21 comments:

TheAngelForever said...

Oy! I can not even think of a reply to this one. *shaking head* Way to late to formulate a response since I have no idea where to start. Unbelievable is all I can think of and I think that is perfect.

dnile45 said...

um, wow. I guess we have nothing else to worry about in this world or is it that lawyers now want to make money off animals. :)

Smellyann said...

I don't think it's entirely ridiculous, but then I'm a vegetarian tree-hugger who voted for Obama. Sorry. ;)

NateAndJakesMom said...

My head hurts now Tara... I am sorry but I didn't want to stop by and not comment... :)

Happy Friday!

Drahdrah said...

I think that's ridiculous. I think that's animal rights taken to the extreme, and tax dollars would be better off helping HUMANS in need.

sues2u2 said...

I'm sitting here in shock. I can understand that everyone needs to be able to voice their opinion but seriously? Is he for real?

simply_unique said...

Thats crazy lol

I am Harriet said...

Funny questions. It would be hard to communicate in court wouldn't it? I guess and that's why people represent animals in court.

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/dear-jon.html

Kim said...

I am no Harvard scholar, but allowing animals to file lawsuits is ludicrous. What a crazy, crazy thing. Aloha!

AudreyO said...

What appalls me is that they want to take away our right to decide what to eat. We are a christian based nation and in the old testament g-d told us to eat meat, so there is no way this would ever fly. But like I said my outrage is that they want to take away my right to decide if I will or won't eat meat.

LuvnLife00 said...

wow. i really think the world will so be overrun with idiots! i cant belive this. Animals were put on earth to be eaten. good greif!

shopannies said...

well it may take humans who choose to care for animals to take better care of them

Heather said...

While I do support taking care of animals, I think that is taking it too far!

Momstart said...

That's ridiculous, animals should be treated well, but I do believe that God put some of these animals on the planet for us to eat. My family hunted and we ate what they killed.

Shelly said...

Hmm, now that is a funny one! I can't imagine someone representing an animal in a case in actual court. What would the judge do if he/she was trying to chase a chicken around the courtroom and it laid an egg or something? Now really...isn't that judge abuse?

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/07/aloha-friday-whats-stuck-in-your-head.html

Becca said...

I don't think animals should be able to file lawsuits against humans. But I am definitely in favor of humans (like the aspca) taking legal action against humans who abuse animals.

Vicki said...

That's ridiculous!!!!

How would they even let someone know they wanted to file suit against someone is my question!!

otin said...

Michael Vick's dogs would like a crack at a little compensation!

Pamela Kramer said...

Geez! I'm with you.

Angela said...

Haha. Um, I don't know. Do animals have courts of law in the animal kingdom? No, they just fight to the death. Maybe we should start doing that?

Kailani said...

I'm totally against animal cruelty but animal rights? Hmmmm . . .

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: