Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Extreme Makeover: Me Edition

{ae filkins}

I decided to jump on this Extreme Makeover Train! If you read my blog at all then you know I am in need of one in every way lol :)(but im serious)!

Extreme Makeover..well, just the very sound of it.. is so overwhelming! Part of my Makeover is to commit to myself.. that I will no longer use EXCUSES in replace of eating healthy or exercising!

So this weeks question for Extreme Makeover: Me Edition:

What's Been Inspiring you?

That question.. is difficult! Meaning that when I am knee deep in taking care of me. Making all the right choices. My inspiration comes from the joy of feeling better, the desire to be healthy, the desire to be a better Mother who is active with her children.

My husband inspires me everyday...because of his work ethic! He is smart, patient, and has pretty much master self control in the eating department!

Being a Christian, we know that taking care of our bodies is so important. God didn't create us so that we just sit and abuse ourselves with food! I think...no I KNOW he desires more from us then stuffing oreos in our mouth.

When one part of our life is out of whack then.. it causes everything to shift a little. I want to fix the scales of my life..and even up the "weights"!

One thing I have been procrastinating with.. is putting a TV in the exercise room! UGH. My husband has been so busy.. that I have just been making excuses.. So today.. I am going to attempt to hang the TV myself LOL I'll let you know how that goes!







7 comments:

Shanna said...

Hang that tv!! Don't let that be your excuse. You can do this!

Allyson said...

Great post! Welcome to EM:ME! It's my second week of doing this. So I'm sorta a newbie too!

Good luck with the TV! Be careful!

Stay strong.
Stay focused.
You can do anything!

Kris said...

Girl we will do this. No more excuses. Not us. Not anymore.

Kris said...

P.S. I'm loving the new blog look...and you cheated yourself out of a few entries b/c you have my button and you follow my blog already....get 'em in girl!

Connie Weiss said...

Good Luck with the TV!!

I want a TV in my workout room too. I think that would make it so much easier to get my butt down there!

So glad you've joined us!

Lerin said...

Welcome! :) We can do this together, for the right reasons!!

J.J. said...

How did hanging the TV go? I missed EM:ME last week...I was on vacation. Just catching up on my blog reading now :)

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: