Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Home Made Pinata!


Have you ever made a Pinata? I have many times.. I have always used newspaper. With a flour, water, and salt mixture. However, I realized I didn't have any newspaper, so I started thinking.. and suddenly I remembered I had a few phone books in the garage. Who uses phone books anymore? lol Anyway, My tip is cutting strips out of the phone book! It works great!!


Here is my Pinata after it was dry! I popped the balloon in the center. Now I have to buy some tissue paper and a poster board to finish up with the "Cat and the Hat" theme! (for my son's bday). This is such an easy project. A little messy and takes a couple of days to dry, but my word.. it's better than paying 20 dollars for one..when you can be creative with your own at home for pennies!
1 part flour to 2 parts water with a 1 to 2 TBLS of Salt to prevent mold! It needs to be a thick glue like texture!

No comments:

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: