Monday, July 13, 2009

Three Things You Didn't Know About Me - Blog Hop


***

This weeks theme:

Three Things You Didn't Know About Me!

I attended 13 schools and 2 colleges.


I was in the car with a 3 foot long cobra and watched it bite my Father on the leg and my little sister on the foot. (Because you asked lol My father was bit on his cowboy boot (which saved his life) The venom ate away at the varnish on his boot and missed his skin by a hair. My sister at the time was 18 months old. My mother had just taken her shoes off. The cobra slid between the seats and across my sisters lap and bit her right foot. She started turning blue. The doctors said she would not survive the night. Long story short the doctor wrote on the medical release "miracle". She had enough cobra venom in her to kill an adult male in 20 minutes. They are both alive and well.... (not the cobra. It was chased down by an entire group of people)


I spent 12 years overseas as a missionary kid. These years were so important to me. They have really shaped me into who I am today!


***

MckLinky Blog Hop


10 comments:

AMH615 said...

Were your father and sister OK? I hate snakes!

a49erfangirl said...

Yikes snakes scare me!

Tara G. said...

I want to know, too! What happened with the snake bites? I hate snakes.

Moms On The Go said...

Wow what a miracle that is!

Clueless_Mama said...

It sounds like you have had an amazing life. I am sure being a missionary kid for 12 years was very interesting. Isn't it great how all our adventures make us who we are :)

Rachel said...

Yikes! The Cobra story gave me the chills!! Happy Blog Hopping.

the brown couch said...

Praise God for his portection of your sister and father!

I was a missionary teacher before I married. I was with New Tribes Mission. What mission group were you with and where?

Poppin'over from Brown Couch Events
browncouchevetnts.blogspot.com

and Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

Deborah

P.S.
You are invited to my Stella & Dot Jewelry Party happening all week at Comfort Joy Designs! Hope to see you there!

Becca said...

Wow, those were 3 really interesting things!! Why did you go to so many schools?

Frantic Holly said...

Just hopping by to say Hi and visit your list!

Sheila said...

Hoppin in to say hi!

http://runninlateagain.blogspot.com/2009/07/mcklinky-blog-hop-3-things.html

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: