Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We All Need a Little Advice!

It seems that when we reach adulthood, get married, and become parents.. we realize how many things we really didn't know. All the life lessons we ignored as teenagers and young adults now seem a whole lot more important. For instance, when someone says your life will change once you have children.. we normally offer a kind smile and say "oh I know I know", but in all reality we don't know anything! Another lesson we seem to scoff at is finances!!

I can totally attest to wishing I had learned this lesson early on. I remember getting my first credit card at the age of 19! At first I convinced myself.. of buying just a few things and then paying it off at the end of the month to help my credit. RIGHT!!!! I wish I would of understood the woes of accumulating personal debt. Most of the credit counseling they offer now.. they didn't offer ten years ago! Ahh.. The hard lessons learned.

Now as a wife and mother of two, I am much more conscious of the importance of good credit, and saving money. I plan to teach my children as soon as they are able to comprehend, how important it is to not have debt through out their life's.



No comments:

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: