Friday, October 30, 2009

Aloha Friday - A Christmas Tree by Any Other Name...


An Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday. I thought it would be fun to participate. All you have to do is answer the question I ask by leaving a comment. Then click over to An Island Life and link up to Aloha Friday with your own question!


My QUESTION:

How do you feel about Gov. Steve Beshear from FRANKFORT, Kentucky -- Saying that the Christmas tree on the Capitol lawn this winter won't be called a Christmas tree. Instead, the Beshear administration has dubbed it a "holiday tree."

Do you think this is right?




MY ANSWER:

No.. I don't think this is right. Next thing we know.. Christmas will not even be a holiday on the Calendar. Christmas, whether you like it or not, is a day to celebrate the birth of Christ. Why does Merry Christmas offend people? Why does a "Christmas tree" offend people? Our country is headed down a path of no morals whatsoever.. It's seems that some people are trying to change everything that is right.. to wrong. We have people who want to remove God from everything in this country. But without God.. our country well .. without God.. I am scared for what will happen to this country. I'd rather have God on our side.. have God give us the strength and guidance.. Have "In God We Trust" still stamped upon the character and essence of America....then trying to do it all ourselves..and mess it all up! Did our Founding Father's fight for nothing? Have all of our wars been in vain?

The rate this nation is going.. we will soon have No Christmas, No Easter, and No Thanksgiving. It will be a "Gift Day" "Bunny Day" and "Turkey Day" No meaning whatsoever. We are on a roll at teaching our children to stand for something.. to value and treasure our heritage and our nation's history.. *shaking head*

As far as I am concerned. It is still "Merry Christmas" It is still a "Christmas Tree". And Christmas is still about the birth of Jesus Christ.

The sad thing is.. if the FCC gets their way.. and the Net Neutrality Bill finds its way to the President's desk.. we will soon find that expressing our opinions like I have done today will not be tolerated by a government run Internet.








9 comments:

Design it Chic said...

I absolutely subscribe to what you said!!! Christmas is Jesus' birthday and i won't stop celebrating His birth no matter what law occurs!

So in the name of that "Merry Christmas!!!!"

* my Aloha Friday's up too:)

pam said...

sometimes being p/c goes too far

Twincerely,Olga said...

no,I don't like it! That is crazy!!!!!!!!!

sheila said...

I think you call it a Christmas Tree. BUT...this is america so you'd have to be prepared to accept displays from other religious groups without bias.

TheAngelForever said...

Personally if you are going to have a tree, call it what it is - a Christmas Tree. On the flip side I wish tax money was not spent on a tree. This is not just because we are Jewish (love the decorations), it is the state of the economy. There are other things that the money could be used for all over the country. You know like feeding people on Christmas and beyond...or other important things.

Sues2u2 said...

OOooooh. That man is asking for trouble. Yes, some will say it's appropriate but man, what is this world coming too? That would be like asking a person who is Jewish to call the Chanuka Menorah just a regular old candle holder. Just not right @ all.

blueviolet said...

I'm not a fan of renaming everything like that. Everybody knows it's a Christmas tree. Just let it be a Christmas tree.

Whimsical Creations said...

The whole PC thing has gone way to far. Completely ridiculous!

JamericanSpice said...

It's not surprising. The bible tells us that they will do anything to eradicate Jesus name from this earth.

You'll find that any other relgion is acceptable except being a Christian. It will only get worse.

I do not agree with this person wanting to change the name of Christmas tree to holiday tree. I hope people will not sit around and let it.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: