Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Do You Know Your Rights??? Freedom is being Challenged in Everyway

Any American Remember this?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the Congress from making laws "respecting an establishment of religion", prohibiting the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech and infringing on the freedom of the press. In the 20th century, the Supreme Court held that theDue Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment applies the First Amendment to each state, including any local government.


Our free speech is being challenged in a way that it never has before. Tomorrow a group of radicals meet to decide what they will "do" with the Internet and Media. Basically, they want us to be neutral .. holding no strong opinion.. well in reality no opinion that goes against the agenda in Washington. We are on the threshold of something very scary...in this country. It's time to stand up...

Call your state representatives.. call the White House.. send letters, emails.. and most of all PRAY! I am praying..that God will spare this country.. and show His grace. If our freedom of speech is removed.. how will that change your life? Just really think about it.. We have lived so long in a society.. where we could do anything we wanted.. our freedom showed no bounds.. within the guidelines of the law. Life without freedom.. imagine..






No comments:

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: