Monday, October 5, 2009

Find Your Strongest Life by Marcus Buckingham ~ Review

Find Your Strongest Life by Marcus Buckingham ~ Book Review


Find Your Strongest Life is a book written solely to and for women. Mainly towards women who are trying to juggle life, career, and family. (Women looking to “have it all”) This book acts as a self help book, or guide with mostly practical points for women who are seeking some kind of balance or answer for their life. The book provides a test of sorts to see which role you fall into. Marcus Buckingham list 9 different roles. Such as Advisor, Caretaker, Creator, Equalizer, Influencer and so on. With many examples, stories, and self help tips, Marcus Buckingham kindly and gently guides women onto the path of discovery.

In reading this book, I will admit after the first few chapters I was finding my mind wandering. I think the concept that Marcus has is great, however, I found it rather redundant. Page after page..telling women to be strong..and find our strongest self. It seemed rather cheesy. Being a stay at home mom, there are many things that I would love to do eventually however, I do not have an inner desire to “have it all”. The career, family, and all my dreams come true. I think you can always have it all.. but.. you or your family ultimately suffers for that. Marcus Buckingham writes with ease and he seems to come from a place of knowledge on women and the statistics. I personally did not walk away a stronger person having read the book. It was definitely not for me!


Find Your Strongest Life: What the Happiest & Most Successful Women Do Differently-Marcus Buckingham height="500" width="100%" > value="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=19111315&access_key=key-1niivs3be02q3kzc0g7f&page=1&version=1&viewMode=">


I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers




Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: