Monday, November 2, 2009

Dress Up the Holidays


I love Christmas. I love the meaning of Christmas. I love all the decorations! I love the Christmas programs at church. Growing up in a big family we had such fun creating new traditions and enjoying the holidays. Now with my own children, we are making new traditions and new memories!

My son always makes a request to visit "Santa" at the mall! And then when we get there.. he is too shy to have a picture taken with him. (kids!) I think it would be so fun if I could talk my husband into buying a Santa costume and surprise my kids. Although, I will tell you I do not push the whole "Santa brings the gifts he is real" thing, but I think it is fun for my kids to have pictures on Santa's lap.

Costumes are great. They really change a normal event into something much more lively. You can find all kinds of costumes. Whether you are looking for a Pioneer outfit for Thanksgiving day, or valentines day costumes, or even an costume for a Christmas program, you can be sure to find the perfect costume for your holiday celebration. Be creative, get your family involved.








No comments:

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: