Sunday, November 8, 2009

Not One Of America's Greatest Days...

American flag in distress

Ugh.. I have to be honest and tell you that I spent most of the day glued to C-Span & Fox watching the House debate the Health Care Bill. At certain points of the day, the debate became lively, with shouts, and emotion.

I sat nervously watching the House vote.. Prayed..and continued to watch. In the end, the vote was 220 to 215. The Health Care Bill was SHOVED through the House. I had to remind myself .. it still has to worm its way through the Senate. then eventually to the President's desk.

However, this was a disheartening day.. to say the least. Is the battle over? Of course not.. this only makes us stronger. And we can defeat this HC Bill.

I just really urge you all to read the Heath Care Bill... to research everything. Ask questions. Never stop demanding answers. Being against the Health Care Bill does not mean that we don't want people insured. There is so much "junk" stuffed inside this HC Bill it's not even funny.

They actually discussed today on the House Floor about the idea of jail for 5 years if Americans to not comply or abide by the Health Care Bill if passed by the Senate. Can you believe that?

Ugh.. I am tired.. But it's important to never give up and to stand together as Americans. We must keep this country free, or our children will have nothing left. And most importantly PRAY!







3 comments:

Thankfully Thrifty said...

Thank you for writing this. While it is disheartening, it's encouraging to read your blog post and realize we aren't alone.

Tara said...

It is amazing what it does to a person to know they aren't alone. America standing together as one nation for what is right.. is unstopable! (spelling ) :)

editorll said...

Tara and Thankfully, you guys are not alone. Given your interest, you might want to check out the http://www.lastingliberty.com/ piece on the healthcare debate : Bigger Than Healthcare

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: