Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Homemade Oreo Cookies!




What are these??? lol

Well, these are my attempt at Homemade Oreos! I am convincing myself..that these are slightly healthier!!?? I know they aren't too pretty..but they sure are good! You can make these single or double stuffed or even triple.. but don't do that lol

Recipe:

Things You'll Need:

  • 1 18.25 oz dark fudge cake mix
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 tbsp shortening
  • 3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 3 tbsp hot water

  1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.

  2. Step2

    In a large mixing bowl, combine the dark fudge cake mix, 1/3 cup water and 2 tbsp shortening. (Do not subsitute the shortening, it won't turn out right.) Knead the mixture until it is dough-like and pliable.

  3. Step3

    Cover your surface with parchment paper, and use to form balls 3/4 inches, then press flat. This will form the cookie part of the Oreo, so shape as you wish.

  4. Step4

    Place the Oreo cookies 1/2 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake 4-6 minutes. (Or until cookies are crunchy.)Set the cookies aside to cool.

  5. Step5

    OREO COOKIE FILLING
    In a mixing bowl combine 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup shortening (again, do not substitute) and 3 tbsp hot water. Mix well.

  6. Step6

    Form the filling into 1/2" round balls. (Or 3/4" for the Double Stuffed). Put the filling in between two Oreos and squish gently until the filling reaches the edges of the Oreo.


    You can print the full recipe here!



For more Works for Me Wednesday Click HERE!




Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Hi Tara,

These sound so delicous. I'm not a big chocolate lover but my husband is. He would just LOVE these cookies! I'll have to bookmark this recipe to try later.

I posted cookie recipes today too, but only one could be considered semi-healthy. LOL

Trixie

EmmysBoosAndRawrs said...

aww i'm glad you like mine, but i didn't think yours was dumb! it was cute =]. my boyfriend is really into video cameras and making little movies and stuff so as soon as i suggested we try the contest he started coming up with all these ideas. haha.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: