Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Even in the Valley...God is Faithful..Good..and Just...

Wow.. it has been a while since I have blogged. The past few weeks...have been incredible, but not in the way you may think.

Right before Christmas, my father called me with the news that he had a tumor. I remember, barely hanging up the phone, as the tears began to fall. My husband and I (and kids) decided to travel to my parents to be with them for Christmas. Since that time, we have learned that my father has a very rare cancer, liposarcoma, with tumors that are encompassing 65% of his abdomen. At this time we are waiting for his surgery, which Lord willing, will take place in the next two weeks.

That was nearly a week ago, when we received the news of Dad's cancer, and today we were hit with yet another blow. My niece, who is 3 years old (I wrote about her earlier this year.. when she had a seizure), was just diagnosed today with Acute Leukemia. Cancer. As some of you may know.. that is the worst kind. Grandpa and Granddaughter.. with Cancer.. at the same time… This has hit our family in a way that we have not really had to face in such an intimate way.

I cannot tell you how difficult this day has been. Our hearts are so heavy. There are so many unanswered questions... however, we know the road ahead for my father and my niece are going to be very difficult. God has been so good to our family. He is faithful. He has shown Himself to us in so many ways. He is a God of miracles.. He is the Great Physician.

Though this time is confusing and heart breaking.. we know and can rest in the peace that God gives our family.

I cannot imagine handling a hardship.. of any kind..without God in my life. With God there is hope.

I am sure that my blogging will change slightly... However, I will keep 'journaling'... as much as I can. The next few weeks..are going to be critical. I have family traveling from all parts...to be here during this time.

I will close with a journal entry my father wrote last night:

“During this period I have had bouts with pain that are redefining what I thought I knew about pain. Through the frustrations and periods of pain Philippians 4:11 keeps coming to mind..."learning to be content." I have also found myself returning again and again to Ron Hamilton's song, Rejoice in the Lord" that he wrote after losing an eye to cancer. "God never moves without purpose or plan, when trying His servant and molding a man. Give thanks to the Lord though your testing seems long: In darkness He giveth a song. I could not see through the shadows ahead; So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead. I bowed to the will of the Master that day; Then peace came and tears fled away. Now I can see testing comes from above: God strengthens His children and purges in love. My Father knows best, and I trust in His care; Through purging more fruit I will bear. O rejoice in the Lord. He makes no mistake. He knoweth the end of each path that I take. For when I am tried and purified, I shall come forth as gold." Don't be afraid to speak to someone who is walking through the valley. It isn't always your words they need. A hug or a squeeze as you pause to walk with them for a moment often says all that you want to and is often all that they need! Resting in Him.


My father's testimony...is an example to me. His joy.. even in his trials..

I cannot tell you how much your prayers for my Father and my Niece would mean to our family.







5 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh girlie...my heart aches for you. I'll keep your whole family in my prayers, but especially your niece, dad...and you. Just remember, if God brings you to it he'll bring you through it. This makes what I'm doing with St. Baldrick's all the more important. I ♥ you Tara. E-mail me if you need me.

bayctygrl said...

*hug*
I really like what your father wrote so powerful and true!
I will pray for your family!

God may not prevent problems and troubles in our lives, but He is there every step of the way.

Abbi said...

YOur Father's words are incredibly moving! I hope all is going well for all of you!

Upstatemomof3 said...

So sad!! I am so sorry!! You and your family are in my prayers.

JamericanSpice said...

Your father sounds very strong and grounded in Jesus. Tis' wonderful. I wish I had a father like that.

I'm so sorry about the illnesses but indeed God is a God of miracles.

*HUGS*

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: