Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It Is Well With My Soul...

(Sorry it's not so Wordless this week :)

My Dad and Niece. They were both diagnosed recently with rare conditions. My father was originally diagnosed with Liposarcomas and now its something to do with the adrenals. My Niece was originally diagnosed with Acute Leukemia and since then has been diagnosed with Acute Aplastic Anemia. This picture is really a special one to us. (You can see my niece has a wrap of sorts on her hand. That is from all the blood transfusions)

Dad is going in for surgery tomorrow. To have the tumor like masses removed from his abdomen. This is a very intense, serious, and risky surgery. We have great hope and faith that God is in complete control.

My niece is starting Chemo in the next 10 days, then a transplant. She will be turning four in a couple of weeks.

We all know that we were never promised life to be easy..or even fair. However, with God.. there is a peace that passeth all our understandings.. Which even in the hard times.. there is a joy...and a quiet peace.. that causes our hearts to cry.. "It is Well With My Soul" We know that all things work together for good.. For God's purpose.
(Rom. 8:28)

Thank you so much for all of your prayers...

One of my favorite Hymns...

IT IS WELL

  1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll;
    Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well, with my soul.
    • Refrain:
      It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, it is well, with my soul.
  2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control,
    That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
  3. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
  4. For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
    If Jordan above me shall roll,
    No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
    Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
  5. But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
    The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
    Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
    Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
  6. And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
    The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
    The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
    Even so, it is well with my soul.


For more Wordless Wednesday Click HERE







14 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm still praying for you girlie! All is going to be well...and I'm so glad that you are at peace with everything....;-)

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

I am stopping by for the WW, but you and your family will definitely be in my thoughts. What a precious picture!

MomOf4 said...

I know you don't know me but I am saying a quiet prayer for your father and your neice tonight and again tomorrow. I love the name of your blog. Beautiful picture! I will be back. I hope all goes well!

Debra @ A Frugal Friend said...

Just said a prayer for your family. I know so well how hard it is to watch loved ones with cancer....I don't know you at all, but I will keep you all in my prayers.

JamericanSpice said...

It is amazing God's peace when these times come.

I pray that surgery will go well.

Thank God that his spirit fills you.

*HUGS*

(Tia's) Comfy Place said...

Prayers going out to you and your family.

Joe @ 20 To Life said...

We'll be keeping you all in our prayers, especially that the surgery goes well!
Such a beautiful picture though, and that smile is dazzling!!
You have the BEST attitude about the situation, I wish I was more like you! I just stopped by for alittle WW, and am glad I did.
Good luck!
Joe.

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

A beautiful picture. I'll be keeping both in my prayers as well as your family as a whole. God bless you.

Upstatemomof3 said...

I am praying for both of them to get better and for your whole family to have the strength necessary to get through this time God Bless!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I'll pray for both of them.

Allison said...

What a beautiful photo. I hope their surgeries and chemo goes as smoothly as possible and that recovery is quick.

Annie said...

They are in my prayers! What a beautiful post. It brought tears to my eyes when you brought up that song. I pray God continues to give your entire family peace as you go through this journey.

bayctygrl said...

*hug*
you and your family are in my prayers.
You posted my most favorite Bible verse. It's so true.

Marice said...

what a sweet photo! you will all be included on my prayers!

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: