Wednesday, March 17, 2010

God Answers Prayer...


Thank you all so much for you prayers and support! My Dad's surgery was nearly 8 hours long. The doctors were astonished at what they found. Instead of tumors.. they found the adrenal glands that had grown the size of small babies, and wrapped themselves around all the major organs. He was in the hospital for a week. The doctors are amazed at his recovery. Of course we know the praise and glory goes to God.

My niece celebrated her 4th birthday 2 weeks ago, and last Friday began her 6 days of intense chemo. Today the doctors performed the bone marrow transplant, as her older sister being the donor. She is doing alright. But in the next few days the results of the chemo and transplant will take affect. She will lose her hair, and become very sick. But her little smile still lights up the room.. and her spirit so sweet.

God has been so gracious to our family..and blessed in so many ways.

We have so much going on in the next few weeks..that my blogging is probably going to slow even more grrrr.. However, as soon as things calm down and things are situated I will start blogging full force again! I really miss it!

Thanks for your continued prayers!







4 comments:

Kristen said...

God is so good isn't he? Well...when she starts losing her hair...you'll be able to show her a video of someone else who lost theirs lol. Maybe at the very least it would make her smile. Kiddos like her are so strong-and the very reason I'm doing this...and I'm glad everything is going as well as it could be right now.

Luigi | UPrinting said...

He is. It's amazing that no matter how imperfect our lives are, God makes sure that we always have to something to hold on to. Our faith in him makes us realize that beyond the imperfections, there are more things that we should be thankful for, right?

Anonymous said...

I would just like to offer you and your family my heartfelt prayers. I know God will continue to see you through.

SamneneD@aol.com

Tamara B. said...

So many things to be thankful for and so happy to hear your dad's surgery was a success! My heart goes out to your niece, please keep us updated and my prayers to you and your beautiful family :)

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: