Thursday, July 1, 2010

Aloha Friday - The Constitution of the United States of America

An Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday. I thought it would be fun to participate. All you have to do is answer the question I ask by leaving a comment. Then click over to An Island Life and link up to Aloha Friday with your own question!

My Question:

When is the last time you read the United States Constitution? Do you think it's important?


My Answer:

Last month I read through the constitution.

The United States Constitution, although so many politicians would like to strip it down or even try and discredit what the Founding Fathers intended, is the most important document to America's foundation and future.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Read the entire Constitution here..


3 comments:

Kari said...

I haven't read it since I was in school. But, just last week I picked up a book at The Cracker Barrel, it's by National Geographic and it's called American Documents: The
Constitution. I thought it would be great to share with my kids.

Midday Escapades said...

I do think it's important but I haven't read it lately.

Happy Aloha Friday and 4th of July weekend!

~ Noelle said...

i have not read it since i was in school..
sad, i think i need to go read it soon

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: