Friday, August 27, 2010

Aloha Friday - Trapped




An Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday. I thought it would be fun to participate. All you have to do is answer the question I ask by leaving a comment. Then click over to An Island Life and link up to Aloha Friday with your own question!


New picture/video of the trapped miners in Chile. The men are said to be in good spirits and have set up areas for sleeping, praying and playing games. It is estimated that it will take four months to free them from the mine.

You Can read the story in full HERE!


My Question:

Do you think you could survive 2000 feet below the earth trapped?


My Answer:

Hmmm.. Besides all the obvious things that would drive me insane and scare me... I wonder if the instinct to survive would just take over.

These men need our prayers. They are in for a long road waiting for the 2 foot wide tunnel to be drilled. I heard today they are telling the men to watch how much they eat ect.. because they will have to fit through the 2 foot tunnel when it's complete. No pressure huh?


Not So Perfect - http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Gale said...

At least that means they're getting food to them, I guess...when I first heard about this I heard they were sending down glucose water, and I thought...how could someone survive 4 months on just that? Yeah, I'm gonna be praying for these men.

~ Noelle said...

no...
i do not think i am emotionally strong enough..
with my hubby there with me, i think he could help support my mind though

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: