Friday, September 3, 2010

Aloha Friday - Too Big to Care?




An Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday. I thought it would be fun to participate. All you have to do is answer the question I ask by leaving a comment. Then click over to An Island Life and link up to Aloha Friday with your own question!



My Question:

Do you take America for granted?


My Answer:

We take so many things in life for granted. We get used to things around us. Complacent. America is free, and I hope She will remain free.


A couple years ago I definitely took this country for granted.. but now .. I see things in a different way.. and appreciate America's rich heritage. We have so much to be grateful for.


It's so important for every American to be involved.

To care.

To vote.

To pray for this country.

It's time we start investing ourselves in this great nation, and pray that God will restore Her.


Without God.. this country will fail.





Not So Perfect - http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com/



3 comments:

~ Noelle said...

I sure DO NOT!!!!
My hubby is in the ARMY...
GOD BLESS THE USA!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I definitely don't take America for granted... :)

Aloha: Staying Cool

JamericanSpice said...

I wasn't born here, but I'm now a legal citizen and I definitely do not take America for granted and like you , I wish people would rise up and take pride in this country and fight for it and stop being pushed around by the whims of politicians.

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: