Monday, September 20, 2010

Trying To Launch a Dream...Without Stepping On Your Toes!

I am trying to get my Etsy Shop going. Oh my word, it's not easy is it? There is so much competition now between blogs, shops, boutiques. As I have been trying to get things ready for my shop I have encountered a some interesting opposition of sorts.

Mainly I have witnessed comments on facebook. I don't believe they were directed towards me, I think they were made in a general way. However, there are some shops that are upset that so many other shops are popping up all over the Internet. Some are going as far as discontinuing products because of this.

I started thinking about it. How I would feel if I was a well established business..and had to suddenly compete...

My first feeling was.. I felt really bad. As if maybe I should just quit and not go any further with my etsy shop. I certainly don't want any one's feelings hurt or step on toes.

However, after talking to my husband.. Which you know he was just so interested in hearing about women online griping LOL He said.. "You know.. it's simple. This is America. This is capitalism at it's best. It's a free market."

He is right. Some of us make it and some of us won't. However, we should all try and accomplish our dreams.

So here I am.. attempting to launch my humble little shop :) My Sisters and Mom are also helping me.. and we hope to add more things. If I have something in my shop that you have seen in other shops, or even that you have in your own. Please know that we all bring our own style, twist, and it is not my intent to hurt your business, but to join the group of Mom's who just have a little dream :)

And so .... drum roll please....

My Etsy Shop:



Also, when 'With Love Designs' reaches 200 'fans' on Facebook, I will have a giveaway! yipee? :)


Not So Perfect - http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks pretty!!!

Tara said...

Thanks Kristen! Oh my word.. I just remembered I need to change your url on my blog roll LOL I forgot already after you reminded me ugh :)

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: