Friday, September 9, 2011

Excited For Weight Loss.. Frustrated at the Plateau!



I found some great tips for eating healthy and exercising.  Mainly for those who have hit a weight loss plateau like me!!!  Last weekend.. I met a goal of 60 lbs lost in 12 weeks.. and I seem to have hit a brick wall.  It stinks.  A few tips that I am going to try...


  • Reassess your habits. Look back at your food and activity records. Make sure you haven't loosened the rules, letting yourself get by with larger portions or less exercise.
  • Cut more calories. Reduce your daily calorie intake by 200 calories — provided this doesn't put you below 1,200 calories. Fewer than 1,200 calories a day may not be enough to keep you from feeling hungry all of the time, which increases your risk of overeating.
  • Rev up your workout. Increase the amount of time you exercise by an additional 15 to 30 minutes. You might also try increasing the intensity of your exercise, if you feel that's possible. Additional exercise will cause you to burn more calories.
  • Pack more activity into your day. Think outside the gym. Increase your general physical activity throughout the day by walking more and using your car less, or try doing more yardwork or vigorous spring cleaning

You catch the rest of this article here on the Mayo Clinic website!


Another great article that explains how to "lose weight all day"..


6:45 AM: Get Some Early Exercise
7:30 AM: Have Breakfast
9:00 AM: Skip the Morning Latte



Are just a few of their suggestions.  Read up on the rest of the great tips to burn the fat allllllllll day!  

I will try to blog more about how I have been losing weight the last few months!
Not So Perfect - http://weightingforperfection.blogspot.com/

No comments:

A little about me...



It is that time again!!!! I am thinking of attempting to lose weight for the 100 millionth time. haha. This time I know it will work :)

In November of 2007, I gave birth to my second child, a C-Section. Not only did that put me back physically, but I also developed high blood pressure. I am only 29. Talk about discouraging.

I started gaining weight in highschool. Seems to have followed me everywhere. My ultimate goal is to lose 120 lbs but I'll settle for 10 right now. haha.

There is absolutely no reason why I cannot succeed in this weight loss endeavor. I have exercise equipment. I guess that means I have to use it. Also, I am going to attempt the Carbohydrates Addict Diet. I have had some success with this in the past.

So I am thinking, with putting my progress out for the world to see.. it will force me to make the right choices. Let's hope!! Feel free to comment on anything or tell your story. It's always encouraging to hear about others successes. Join me on this weight loss journey...

My Weight Progress: